Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rise to the Occasion

Cinnamon raisin bread is by far my favorite bread, what makes it even better is making it at home. No preservatives because it won't make it past five days, even for one person!

This is the second time I have made this bread with my brand spanking new, and slightly used, bread machine that I got this last Christmas. To say I love my bread machine might just be a bit of an understatement as it stands proudly on the podium with my kitchen aid mixer to receive the gold.

The recipe comes from the manual, that I had to find online as the manual was not with the machine at the thrift store but hey for easily under twenty bucks for a sturdy working machine I'm not going to complain having to download a manual! This time around I tweaked the recipe just a bit as a quarter of the flour is whole wheat flour, added a third more sugar and doubled the amount of cinnamon.

Even the end piece was scrumptious, and I never like the end pieces, which can only mean one thing: this wonderful looking textured loaf of bread won't be around for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment