Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Falling into Aprons

I've had a long time obsession with aprons, it's dithered away for a little bit with so much else on my plate, but gosh if I don't love aprons! I was even known as 'the apron girl' at a camp this last year, because I brought up many of my own aprons to use as the one's provided didn't cover everything to my needs.




This is the first apron I made, from Simplicity 3544 respectively. The fabric is of a pumpkin swirl action that I got from the clearance section at JoAnn's. I had managed to put it together in time for my church's Thanksgiving dinner outreach that we have the Saturday night before Thanksgiving. This was back in 2008 and I still made more of this apron.

I love the pockets on this thing, they're nice and deep. The bib also covers every thing up top and even around to the sides, something I find lacking in off the rack aprons one can just buy at the store.

This pattern also seems to be a great present for my friends, so far I've made four as presents, one at request at how much a friend would love to give one to her mom. It's nothing but compliments on this apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment